AvanchiCard for School and Young People’s Travel
Get on board > Press > Go!
- You can pick up an application form from our information desk at Liberation Station or download one here.
- Register, top-up and view your balance online by clicking here.
The AvanchiCard is now available from Liberation Station for all students.
- Young People (residents only) aged 5 years to 15 years. People 16 or above will need to provide proof that they are in full time education and a photo is required on the card.
- Those in full time education and resident on the island (6th form colleges, local residents studying in the UK on a full time course and full time Highlands College and JIBS students)
The AvanchiCard provides a number of benefits:
- Faster boarding times
- Smart card is free upon application
- Can be used on public service busses as well as school routes
- Use it anytime, all year round
- 25% discount on cash fare (75 pence per journey compared to £1 single student cash fare)
What is the top-up process?
In order to allow the easy addition of credit to the card top-up would be available:
- At the station, through cash, credit/debit card payments (instant)
- Online via credit/debit card
- Please allow up to 48 hours for credit to load if topping up online
What if I lose or break my card?
Lost or damaged cards can be reported and “hot listed” to inactive status by contacting the Liberation Station information desk in person or via phone. We can transfer the credit balances from one card to another. The initial replacement card is charged at £2, and any further lost cards are £5.
Where can we register and top-up?
Please click here and you will be taken to the LibertyBus shop to register and top-up your card. Please remember that it takes up to 48 hours from registration and top-up for the money to go on the card. We can assure you that we are using the quickest form of online top-up for smart ticketing on-bus.
How will I know when my balance is low on the card?
You will receive a receipt every time you use the card which tells you the remaining balance.
What number do I call if I have a problem with my card, or any questions?
Our customer service team are contactable on 01534 828555, or by email: email@example.com
For school journeys, you can change buses without paying again: If you start your journey on a scheduled bus service, when you hand your payment to the driver, you will be issued with a ticket. You must keep this ticket because you can use it to catch a second bus (only for transfers between services for travel to or from school). This transfer ticketing system also applies to the Avanchi Student card. The time constraints of this are that the second journey must be made within one hour of the initial ticket.